I’ve Been In A Car Accident In Riverside, Should I Contact A Personal Injury Attorney?

America is home to over 3.8 million car accidents in 2013 alone.  Each one of those accidents resulted in an injury that needed medical attention.  Most officials would agree that the majority of accidents occur from people’s disregard and human error.  Many accidents can be prevented just by paying attention to the road and being aware of others.  However, with being such a technological society, cell phones, and other devices are now keeping drivers from making safe decisions.  Not only are car accidents physically damaging, they can cripple families financially as well.

Should you contact a personal injury attorney if you have been in a collision, but you were not injured?  Yes, in most car accident cases, injuries will not make themselves present for a day or two after the crash occurred, so it is important to contact a personal injury attorney promptly.  A personal injury attorney will take the necessary steps to ensure that you and your family are taken care of.

It is important to know how to handle a car accident, because it is not a matter of if, but when.  After an accident has occurred, check for any injuries you may have sustained.  Check on the other party, if there are no injuries call the local police so an official report can be taken.  If you have a camera on hand, be sure to take photos of the area where the accident occurred, your vehicle, as well as the other parties vehicle.  If the police officer asks you questions about the accident be sure to give accurate and precise responses, don’t answer any questions you do not understand or are unsure about.  Gather phone numbers, names, and addresses from all occupants of the other vehicle, including passengers.

Personal injury attorneys are skilled experts in all laws surrounding car accidents and injuries; they can ensure that you and your family are rightfully protected.  It is vital that you consult an attorney if you have been in a car accident in Riverside, California as soon as possible.